The church building is open for Advent! Make plans to come through our self-guided “Advent Worship Experience.” Saturdays during Advent, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.. Come alone or with family and friends.
The atmosphere is peaceful, quiet and friendly. The lights and candles are on, soft music fills the air. Each station has instructions on how to interact so as to not leave you guessing. Come explore and chill in an atmosphere that makes it easy!
There is something for everyone, for example, you can take communion and journal on the soft rug up front; create an ornament and put it on the HCT family tree; sit in stillness; reflect on the Advent slide presentation; add your mark to the community painting, and more!
Everything is provided for you. Come anytime between 4-6 and plan to spend about 30 minutes enjoying your church space for Advent!
(the food pantry is open when you come, take what you need and donate what you don’t)
Download the new HCT Church App
This is a fun project that I’m grateful to give to you for the holidays.
It’s a neat way to stay connected to the church with content, services, meditations, combined social news feed, prayer wall, event links, and more!
Hope you love it! https://tithely.app.link/house-church-tulsa
Even though we descend into shorter days and longer nights during a pandemic, the rituals we create and keep in our homes can be so comforting. Take a look, there’s one geared more toward adults, and one more toward families. They are both free to you to print or read digitally: HCT Advent Devotional Guide
Lindsey House Meal & Card Drive
No party at church this year but we still get to serve them and let them feel the HCT love! December 22ND.
Sign up to make a side dish for the meal, give a gift card and/or serve at their gathering in the new Lindsey House building! December 22ND. https://signup.com/go/yQAMaiU
Donate toward the gift card drive (we will buy the cards on your behalf or bring stuff with you on Saturdays to the church):https://www.housechurchtulsa.com/give
Covid Relief & Resources
The church has been able to assist quite a few folks this year because of your giving, and right now the requests are piling up! While we can’t save the world, we can sure try to give as much support, prayer, money, resources and love as we possibly can!
The HCT Covid Fund is dry, and we need to replenish so that we don’t turn anyone away empty handed. We have families that we all know and love who need us right now in this season. Would you give today?
Another resource for those helping friends and family in the Eastern Oklahoma area, here is a great place to start: https://csctulsa.org/211eok/ or call 2-1-1 from any phone to start the process.
Jessica Branston, full-time therapist and mother of 3 young kids, member of HCT, is home with Covid and could use us right now. If you can bless her with a meal or gift card that would be great, sign up here: https://mealtrain.com/l10onw
Katie & Luna Sargent, members of HCT need us right now in the wake of an accident at work that has impacted their family. Show them our love if you can bless them sign up here: https://mealtrain.com/1w8vq3
And, to Pastor Heidi who has been very ill. Your cheer will lift all their spirits.
Regular Weekly Details
1. Google Meet up with Pastor Tuesdays 12-1 please join me for a lunch hangout. Same link each week: Google Meet Link
2. Wednesday’s “Coffee & Theology” Every week at 8! Jump in and listen. You’ll love it. https://zoom.us/j/4263965521 Meeting ID: 426 396 5521
3. Sunday Online Service at 11:15 during Advent will either be on Zoom or Live streamed from the Fellowship Hall. Details sent via text each Sunday morning.
4. HCT Kids: Sunday School is on hold for Advent as we worship together as an inter generational family. Advent worship kits have been delivered. If you need one click here to print or review: Advent Devotional
5. Offering: The church is strong and helping so many through your hands and feet. You are a blessing in every way. Keep the core and legacy of this unique ministry going for our children’s children. Give today: https://www.housechurchtulsa.com/give