House Church Tulsa Kids: Rooted in Love. (Ephesians 3:17-19)
We desire that House Church Tulsa will be a place where children are safe, honored, and loved.
We create space for children to experience and learn about God through connecting with friends, bible stories, social emotional learning, prayer, and creativity.
- Connection: We are connecting and creating friendships and learning to be a part of the
- Sacred Stories: We share stories from the bible. We ask open ended questions and wonder with the children. (Where do you see yourself in this story? What would you feel like? I wonder what this means for us. For you) We are learning that it is okay to not know all the answers and we can discuss the bible.
- Social-emotional learning: We add in social emotional learning through storybooks, bible stories, and discussing feelings. We learn tools to deal with hard feelings such as talking, breathing practices, short meditations/prayer practices with God, and art.
- We notice together that God is all around us through what we call the fingerprints of God; truth, beauty, and goodness.
- We leave space for children to share feelings and beliefs without us feeling the need to “correct” them. We honor the child’s agency and ongoing spiritual connection to God. We respect and give space for each child and their unique experience.